We're Getting Ready for Summer Camp!
Summer Day Camp 2021
Kids need camp more than ever this year! Although camp may look a little different, we are planning on a fun-filled, safe summer. They will have the opportunity to expand their imagination, build friendships, get exercise and master new activities in a safe, nurturing environment.
DROP OFF TIME: 8:30 AM
PICKUP TIME: 5:30 PM
- This year we will be offering the following camps:
- Pathfinders (ages 6-7)
- Adventurers (ages 8-9)
- Explorers (ages 10-11)
We are offering a program this summer with enhanced health procedures that are aligned with the information and guidelines we receive from the CDC, American Camp Association, state of Michigan, and local governments to help protect participants, parents, and Y staff.
Check back for a copy of our Parent Handbook. Registrants will also receive a copy by email; parents must sign a copy of the handbook before their camper’s first day.
We will be offering a Virtual Parent Orientation on Zoom before the start of camp. Registered parents will receive this information by email.
Health and Safety
Our Y staff will intentionally teach and encourage good hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette and follow strict guidelines for those who are sick. For the safety and well- being of participants and staff, children who have a temperature of 100.4+ degrees cannot attend.
New regulations and recommendations for program operations are still being finalized, but we know expectations will be guided by the CDC and the state of Michigan. We will adhere to all regulations and implement guidance as it relates to such things as:
- Facial covering or masks for staff; masks may be recommended for campers for certain activities
- Daily health/temperature checks
- Smaller group sizing and adherence to social distancing
- Increased hand washing and sanitizing of equipment and high touch areas
What to bring to camp every day
- Closed toed shoes
- Refillable water bottle – every camper must have their own water bottle
- Backpack or string bag
- Swimsuit and towel
- Jackson Public Schools will be provided breakfast and lunch; please bring snacks and a lunch if not taking the JPS meal
- Play clothes