Swimming is a life skill. Our swim lessons prepare kids of all ages to learn skills and have fun in the water, building strong swimmers and confident kids.
The benefits of participating in our swim lessons program are far greater than just physical health. At the Jackson YMCA, our focus is on building the whole child, from the inside out, so kids will learn about the rewards of persistence and courage, as well as mastering their swimming strokes.
Following state and local guidelines to keep swimmers and staff as safe as possible, we have put the following procedures in place.
- Due to capacity guidelines, lessons will be limited to six participants per class.
- One parent/guardian will be allowed to enter the facility with the swimmer. During Preschool and School-Age Youth lessons, the adult will sit on the pool deck benches while maintaining social distancing from others.
- Each person entering the facility will have their temperature checked and will be required to wear a face mask covering the mouth and nose while not in the pool.
- We encourage swimmers to come dressed in their swimsuits, with their own goggles, towels, and water bottles if needed. This equipment will not be available at the Y.
- Swimmers must take a soap shower before entering the pool.
- The Girls, Boys and Community Locker Rooms will be open for swim lesson participants.
We look forward to welcoming your child back in the pool! If you have questions, please contact Aquatics Coordinator Erin Parsons at email@example.com.